Sunday, May 19, 2013

The good and the not so good

This week has been an emotional one. Mainly tears of joy with some tears of frustration. Thank you again for your comments and the emails I received. Kind words really do lift the spirits. I have a brilliant circle of friends and supportive family which has helped tremendously this week. Please, I don't want to worry you all.... I am not ill. I have been struggling with a painful hip for the past year and eventually last week I had surgery. It was unsuccessful and I know that more surgery lies ahead.....eventually a full hip replacement, in the meantime I need to focus on all the recovery time I will have for scrapping and let  the boys look after me. 

Talking of the boys.
 They have had their end of season rugby presentations this weekend and I have shed a few tears. 

H with Ed Slater who started playing rugby at our club.
 Harry was presented with Coaches Player of the year. A unanimous decision they said. H has come on so much this season but in a squad of fantastic boys with some phonominal players I was over the moon for him to have received this award. He plays Flanker Blindside usually, but when one of his team mates injured his knee, he finished the season in Number 8. That was before he broke his thumb in the middle of a game and carried on through till the end. This boy never complains and takes everything in his stride....he is my good boy and my do I love him so.

Stan with the legend Jason Robinson (photo taken by a member of the club)
Then today Stan received the Players Player award for his age group. Again another complete surprise especially in his squad of 25 boys. It is great to know that the other players appreciate him. This season has been his first full contact season and he has enjoyed it immensely, obtaining the knickname of tank! Every week he throws himself into his training/games always always smiling, he is such a character and my handsome man, I love him to bits.  

Although Jack didn't receive any special award this year, he is a star, and  has given his brothers a chance to catch up with him this year. He is one of the smaller boys on his team who has yet to find or be given a permanent position so he puts himself forward and try's them all. Seeing this gorgeous determined little man in a scrum makes my heart melt...love him. 
 
 Some weeks it can be hard standing at the sidelines in the most treacherous conditions, we've had so much rain wind and snow. Seeing their happy faces this weekend makes it all worth while. Here's to next season ........  and to meeting more big gorgeous rugby players. We're building up quiet the portfolio
 here :) Lisa-Jane I thought of you when I heard Ed Slater was making an appearance. 

Happy Sunday.

19 comments:

  1. congratulations to them both

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure Jack is a star in the making too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah congratulations to all your boys, well deserved. Take it easy and recover fully. Don't rush it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely to read of all this success and very cheering for you, given the week you have had. Hoping they they will be ale to do something really helpful for you soon and thinking of you ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fabulous boys! Thanks for thinking of me! So sorry that your surgery wasn't successful. I hope they can help you with the pain until such time that you can have the hip replaced. Gentle hugs and lots of scrapping xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was a little worried after yesterdays post, glad its something that will be sorted (hopefully) soon. Loving the pictures of your rugby boys, you must be so proud! Love Jason Robinson, but then again being from Wigan, everybody does!xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Louise I am sorry to hear that your surgery wasn't successful. I hope you enjoy the downtime and being pampered by your boys and I pray the next op is successful. Congratulations to your wonderful boys! I always love the way that you talk about them, you always sound like such a proud Mum, I think they are very lucky boys to have a Mum like you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Louise, thank you so much for you comment on my blog, it was lovely to hear from you. I'm sure your surgery will be sorted, I'm just so sorry you had to got through that, but it will get sorted, I'm sure :)
    What a handsome bunch of young men, and well done to them all!! They all look like stars :)
    Enjoy your scrapping time Louise, I look forward to seeing more of your amazing work.
    Suzie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful boys you have - I can feel the pride and love in your post. They are blessed to have you as their mom . . . bad hip and all!
    Lots of love and hugs,
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fine , talented sons you have :) I'm glad you all have something to celebrate in the midst of the disappointing news. Keep on getting them to look after you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry to hear that things didn't go well surgery wise :( Delighted with the good rugby news tho'. Had a friend mention Rugby and I commented it was the end of the season... she was shocked to know I realised until I confessed I only knew 'cause you'd mentioned it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. many congratulations to all your Sons on a great season x
    my son now plays for an "adult" team!! & received Players player at their presentation on saturday much to his surprise x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, definitely an up & down week for you and your family, Louise!
    I'm so sorry your operation wasn't successful - after all the stress and hassle... I do hope they can get you sorted out and all mended very soon. Meanwhile, I wish you a good recovery from the op.

    But your boys - wow! Well done to all three of them. Awards are not everything - but it is certainly wonderful to be appreciated for all their effort and team spirit. You have three lovely sons and I'm glad they make you proud!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry the surgery wasn't successful Louise...and sorry that I hadn't even realised you were going in for it! Well done to your three boys..I'm sure they'll be helping look after you...take care
    Hugs
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Louise :) Your boys are very talented and it sounds like perfect timing that they are able to help with your needs. Take care :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations to the boys, they have achieved fantastic things x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your boys are just gorgeous - you are right to be so proud. Well done on their achievements. So sorry to hear the surgery was not a success. I hope they can get you sorted soon but in the meantime heres to a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats to the sportsmen! Sorry to hear you have more surgery coming. Do take care.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You must be so very proud of them - they are very handsome and clever looking boys! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...