Sunday, June 16, 2013

Simply a moment

It's the middle of the month and time to join Alexa's Simply a Moment   a chance to stop, notice, and  record. If you would like to know more or read some more moments then please hop over to see Alexa
 
Saturday 15 June, 5pm
 
My family are visiting today to see Jack for his birthday. We have been eating and drinking all afternoon. The boys are all running around... Stan is pretending to be a zombie, chasing my 2 year old nephew who is belly laughing...I love the real deep laugh of a toddler. 
 
I am sitting with my two sisters....thinking about them...
 
Long gone are the carefree days when V was still at school and M used to come and stay over with her boyfriend (now husband) when I brought my first house.
 
Long gone are the baby days of M living a few roads away and us getting together most days with our boys.
 
Long gone are the early morning days of V living opposite me and opening the curtains each morning with the boys to wave her off to work. 
 
Long gone are the school days of meeting M each day in the playground.   
 
Long gone are the thankful days of V coming in most nights after work - before she had her children - and help me with mine. 
 
Long gone are the everyday's that I used to see them....the thing I miss the most about moving away.
 
I home back in on their conversation..... they are talking to each other arranging to come and stay over one weekend so they can both have a drink and help me make the birthday invites. M is saying we'll have a production line...... V you can stick the ribbon on..... Lou you can do the 40....me i'll just drink!!  I laugh....we know her too well.
 
I love these girls, I often hear my best friend from school say she always envied me having sisters.....It probably wasn't until I left home that I really understood and appreciated the meaning of her words. 
 
Who knows what the future holds....one day I hope we will all be living near each other again.
 
Two of my favourite photos taken yesterday.
My sister M with my husband
  and my brother-in-law J with my husband.

They had to start the BBQ in (typical British style) the rain before V arrived, as all the boys were moaning they were hungry!! It poured with rain on and off all afternoon and I never got the planned photo of the three of us together :(

Jack had a lovely birthday too - more on this another time.

23 comments:

  1. Louise, it's been a poignant pleasure to read your lovely words. I love the repetition of "Long gone ..." - reminds me of a deep-sounding bell tolling. Your easy and warm relationship with your sisters shines through. Thank-you so much for joining in again this month, and I add my hope to yours that you will all get to live close by again :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rainy BBQs are a British tradition I think. Great LO potential.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great moment and fab photos - made me smile :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely moment - and although times have moved on they are lovely memories to look back on. Great photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved reading about your 'moment' Louise! I have two sisters too and living in a different country from them now, I miss them terribly and love it when I go and visit and we are all together again for a short while :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are lovely words and I really feel the closeness between you all! I only have an older brother so I do envy your having sisters to share life with!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. great story and I love how much you love your sister xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely words, I haven't got a sister, but hope your boys are as close as you were/are with your sisters. (We also had a BBQ in the rain on Saturday!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Something I struggle with too. My sister is about 60 miles away, my Mum 70 and my brother 1000's. I can never get used to it. Lovely post

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful relationship you have with your sisters :o) My best friend has two sisters and they are all the best of friends (although they do tease each other mercilessly at times!) I've always envied her too. Lovely post, it really made me smile on this grey afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My siblings and I have taken to setting up a private chat forum on FB since dad has been unwell..it's the best way to stay in touch..my brothers are both in Scotland, my sister in NZ and obviously I'm here! It sounds as though you have a lovely relationship with both your sisters!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing your moment - I can relate to not being able to see your sisters as often as you once did, as I am my two sisters still live close to each other and I'm two states away.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely post about two people who obviously mean the world to you. I wish my sister and I live closer. She's in London whilst I'm up here in NE Scotland. maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rain is tradition of any family BBQ we host :D
    Loved the repetition of your writing, it made me wish I had a sister x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never appreciated my sister until I went away to college. She is my best friend, even though she lives nearly a 20 hour drive away! We talk on the phone a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I treasure the time spent with my sisters now that they are so far away.
    And I agree about the pure joy of a toddler laugh.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another lover of a toddlers laugh and I'd love to live nearer to my sister too... the only thing is they would be at her house all the time... hang on, where is that Estate Agents number?
    Great pics and a lovely moment shared too

    Lisa
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. The deep belly laugh of a toddler is such a joyous thing isn't it? So lovely that you have that relationship with your sisters too - tis precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely words. I have one sister and although we live an hour away we are always on the phone to each other - best of friends as well as sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I too wish I had a sister... A wonderful and heartfelt moment, recorded :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the sound of a toddler belly laugh. I have three sisters and they have been such a huge part of my life. We range in age from 52 to 60 now and still treasure time together. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would love a sister too. I hope one day that your dream will come true. A lovely moment full of love.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can relate to this - my sister, mum, and brother all live in the same town in Kent and here I am down in Dorset. We don't see each other as often as we'd like, but I know I can call on them if they are ever needed. I am always holding out hope that I'll convince my sister to move to Dorset. I don't think the other's are persuadable but she's a likely candidate...!

    Your sister looks just like you - beautiful and friendly :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...