Tuesday, June 04, 2013

The Great Big Swap of Very Small Things

Back in April Sian announced a Great Big Swap of Very Small Things, a wonderful idea where we pass on a little something to a fellow crafter.

Today I received my beautifully wrapped packages from the very talented Clair.
  It took me ages to open the little parcels....I didn't want to undo the pretty lace flowered tie. 
In the end I slid it off so I could keep it in one piece. 
Inside I found all this lovely gorgeousness.
 Clair made the tags and banner...I can't wait to use them.
 These little charms are perfect too. The cassette reminds me of my youth when I used to sit and listen to the Top 40 on a Sunday night and try to record the songs I liked. Wasn't it annoying when the DJ started to talk before the song had ended?
 For a long while now I have admired Clair's jewellery making skills and was amazed to find this exquisite pair of earrings in the package.  When I admired these on her blog I never imagined they would be so delicate and dainty. I've had them swinging from my ears since I opened the package - only taking them out briefly to photograph them. I am touched at Clair's kindness and thank her for her generosity.
Sian this was another of your brilliant ideas and because of this we were all able to pass on and receive a little of what makes us happy...thank you!

The arrival of this parcel certainly made me happy today - the arrival of two parcels was overwhelming.

My second parcel came across the ocean from Life in the Slow Lane. 
Alison kindly sent me some happy mail. 
Alison, thank you so much for thinking of me, for your beautiful card and kind words and for all the lovely goodies that I am going to enjoy using.
Today has certainly been a bright one.

14 comments:

  1. What a lovely parcel. Love those patchwork tags and the earrings. You deserve them. Hope you are feeling better xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great batch of post! You certainly have some lovely new things to craft with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful mail, ohhh you're going to have so much fun with that little lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous collection! I have had so much fun spotting the packages appearing..it feels a bit like Christmas every time I see one. Thanks for being part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great package of small things - the earrings are lovely.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful collection of little things Louise x
    I particularly like the patchwork tags.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember trying to tape the Top 40 too!...fancy both parcels arriving on the same day!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you have got some lovely, happy mail there and I know you are going to enjoy it all x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you got some great goodies! I especially love the stitched patchwork tags. Those are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very pretty, both these parcels! And I do love those earrings too ... What lovely people :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a dreamy package! So many beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lovely! It was a brilliant idea and I love everyone's personal take on it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how pretty! How fun to get two sets of goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your parcels contained lots of delightful goodies - I love the earrings! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...