Thursday, July 11, 2013

Washi Tape

This month over at Fantastic Ribbons the design team are altering household items with washi tape.  
I've had this lovely photo frame for a while now, yet I never got around to finding a suitable photograph to put in it.  It has sat on a shelf amongst other frames and after changing my mind a few times (once you start looking for things to alter there are no end of possibilities) I finally settled on altering it!












I started off by covering the glass with the green dot washi tape to match the quote I wanted to use. Using a few scraps of card I covered them in gold script washi tape and cut out hearts shapes. The hearts are layered with foam tape for a 3D effect. 

Do you have something that needs brightening up?
 I bet you do? 
Have fun!

Thank you for stopping by and remember to pop across to Fantastic Ribbons over the next month to see what other household items are being altered.

13 comments:

  1. I love this project Louise!!!! A project so simple but yet so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project. I love the script tape.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have frames that have been in my cupboard for years if not decades, will have to look them out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous project! Fab use of washi tapes. Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this - we have an empty picture frame in our bathroom at the moment! Its beachy themed and I need a suitable pic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute Louise. Washi tape is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks beautiful and it's made me want to have a hunt around for things to alter x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just lovely! The combination of the wood and the green makes it feel very grounded. I like the shapes inside too

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the texture of the wood against the green pattern of the tape and that gold script. Lovely Louise!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect! I love this so much! You have done an awesome OTP project here! Love! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! Its stunning! Such a gorgeous frame too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...