Tuesday, August 13, 2013

6 on the 6th

This month so far has been all about photographs so it's about time I shared something that includes a little paper don't you think.

On the 6th of each month SJ Crafts will be sharing 6 cards with us...in an attempt to get us all organised and ready for Christmas. Usually.....no, most definitely.... I can't get into Christmas mode until the end of October...at least...or so I thought. 
A sneak peak I shared on Instagram @louise172
Seeing the first post over at SJ Crafts made me hook out last years supplies. Initially
I didn't think I had any supplies from last year, see... I normally use all my Christmas supplies on my Christmas journal. With such a late holiday last year I never got around to completing a journal and therefore found the Echo Park Christmas Kit that I'd put away along with some Bo Bunny papers I won.

To this kit I added some ribbon, twine, badges, doilies and tags. This is how my first batch of this years Christmas cards turned out..... and........ it's only August!!!!
 and some close ups.
So how are you feeling about Christmas?
Are you ready to kick start your Christmas card making?
SJ Crafts will be sharing six cards on the 6th between now and December....
.....and the invitation is open for you all too join in.

I look forward to seeing all your cards 

21 comments:

  1. Cards with this much detail you would need to start in August to get all of them made in time. I really like the us of doilies and twine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tempting, very tempting, because these are so lovely. The detail really makes them feel special

    ReplyDelete
  3. those cards are really beautiful not sure I could put so much lovely stash on them to give away lol! I think this is a great idea and should really try and make some for this year to put me ahead of the game for a change!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVELY CARDS BUT NOT SURE i COULD GIVE ALL my stash away on cards lol! I think this is a great idea and need to find the time to join in making cards so I can be ahead this year instead of behind as usual!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever idea - love the amount of detail and layers you've included here. Need to think about that...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cards....and how they look like a matching set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the details & layers on these cards Louise x
    They need special recipients as you've used such lovely stash x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards and really like the colours you are using,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done on getting so many done in AUGUST! Love all the luscious layers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are stunning---each like individual works of art. It would be hard to send them away!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Louise ... these are really lovely cards - love all the layering!! the recipients will adore them I know!! Thanks so much for joining in with our "Six on the 6th" event!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such delicious layering and variety - come December you are going to e streets ahead of us all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is my first time go to see at here and i am really impressed to read everthing
    at alone place.

    my web-site ... IT lawyers - -

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just had a lovely catch up, Louise...love your cards and your SH pics!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. These all look gorgeous Louise! I really love all the twine! It feels good to be getting ready early doesn't it?! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, each is a little piece of art. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how different all your cards are but while staying on a theme. The wonderful layers are amazing and I keep looking at them and finding new things.

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow Louise those are gorgeous, I remember the first ones you made a few years back. Christmas well I have made an idea list but that is as far as it has gone. lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great cards! I"m definitely starting this next month.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, I love the style of these Louise. I think of you as a very clean and simple card maker, but you can layer brilliantly as well :o) Having a bit of a catch up with blog friends this week, after a summer of neglect!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...