Friday, September 06, 2013

6 on the 6th

Hello Hello Hello

The summer holidays are finally over...sob sob....I found that for the past month or so I've been dipping in and out of the blogging world. With things settling down now I'm hoping that a routine will help me to slip back into it the swing of things.

We've had a super summer, the weather has been glorious, apart from the day we took an open bus tour around Liverpool when the heavens opened....a story to scrap. Memories have been made and in time some will be captured on a layout or two. I'm hoping you've all had a good six weeks or so too.

It's not been an entirely unproductive six weeks....a few hours were found here and there. Today I'd like to share with you what those few hours produced.....

After making a set of Christmas cards to join in with SJ Crafts 6 cards on the 6th last month- I found I wanted to make another set. Quite extraordinary...for me to be embracing Christmas so early.

It helped that Sarah sent me the new Teresa Collins 6x6 Santa's list and sticker set to work with. Whoop whoop....they didn't disappoint. Following Jennifer and Sarah's idea from last month I pulled together some items that I thought would work well with the Teresa Collins collection. 
When it came to using the kit and making a set of Christmas cards I found that most of the kit I left untouched. The Teresa Collins 6x6 Santas List paper pad was enough on its own, it had all the elements I needed to make some lovely cards. The only touches I added were the vellum snowflakes and twine. 
The gorgeous 6x6 paper pad has two sheets of each design...so I can make another set - and there would still be enough papers left over to make another half a dozen cards I reckon.  I'm sure you wouldn't be able to buy 12-18 layered handmade cards for the same price as a 6x6 pad!

It's now September and I have 12 Christmas cards already made. If you do decide to join in with the challenge each month from now until December then you'll have 24 special handmade cards ready for posting. 

Go on.... give it a go...I know you want to :)

If you would like to see more Christmas Cards pop across to SJCrafts blog where Jennifer gives you an overview of the challenge and Jenny shares her six amazing Christmas cards with you.  You'll also see that you if you link up your cards to the series you will be entered into a draw to win a pizza box of goodies.


16 comments:

  1. Ooh, lovely Christmas cards! Those papers are such lovely quality they are perfect for a luxurious Christmas look

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards (and photography too!) I really like the vellum snowflakes, give such a wintery feel. Cool that you can get another set out and then have scraps left as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are simply stunning Louise!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both sets, Louise....when I lived in the UK, I was always ready to start thinking Christmas at this time of year, but with the sun still shining here till much later on the year, I just can't get my brain into gear!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. love all your cards Louise all gorgeous and i hope to finally join in this month xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are incredible! I love the simplicity of your color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi

    Your christmas cards are gorgeous,lovely colours and the design is fabulous too.

    Wish you a lovely weekend:)

    Merethe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards Louise I love the snowflakes x
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards Louise. I love the close up shots.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are beautiful. I can't wait to see the next set.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so organised! And the results are just lovely. You are going to be so relaxed come December!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done the cards look lovely. I'm looking forward to seeing the holiday LOs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those cards are stunning and I might copy some of them to make cards for my Project Life album! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are beautiful cards Louise!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cards are so pretty and classy! Love the black/white and red combo! I really should play along but I can't get myself to think "Christmas" yet!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...