Sunday, October 06, 2013

Story Telling Sunday - Pick your precious

...is hosted by Sian at From High in the Sky. 
If you would like to read more stories today, or wish to join in, then pop across to Sian where she will be waiting to tell you all about it.


I wouldn't say I was an ornament type of girl. I can count on one hand the items that I consider precious and then there's a few items from our travels that I would consider less precious but still remain an important part of our lives. 



This little lady was a gift given to me over eight years ago when I moved from London. I think this little lady is more precious because the gift was from my lovely next door neighbour, who is the person responsible for introducing me to scrapbooking over 14 years ago now.

As a Creative memories consultant she asked me to come along to a class. I declined gracefully, I was about to get married and had no idea what scrapbooking was or even if creating a memory album was something I wanted to do.

Fast forward 9 months (yes...my first born arrived nine months almost to the day I got married!, a honeymoon baby some may say....I'm not so sure he was 4 weeks early! and still 8lb 3oz!!) when my neighbour asked me again. This time I did go along (it wasn't far...just across the drive)......and well as they say....the rest is history!

This willow Tree figurine is called "Angel of Spring,...Bearing the promise of new beginnings". 
A perfect gift. 

I'll always be thankful for her persevering with me and asking me again...I wonder if she's knows just how much I  looked forward to those evening classes. 

The figurine holding the heart was bought for me by my husband.....to keep the little lady company. It's another one of my precious pieces.  

 Happy Sunday.

18 comments:

  1. I will always remember the lady who introduced me to scrapbooking too - it really becomes a way of life doesn't it? Lovely precious'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they are beautiful - and I'm glad that your neighbour persevered too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely story and well worth keeping. I have one of these figures as well bought for me by the Pre-School when I left the first time, saying "Thankyou" I love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. a lovely story, she certainly started something introducing you to scrap booking!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is a lovely story - and those figurines are so charming, I also have a little lady - and she too was a gift from a friend. J x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the story behind your Precious today..I wonder did she ever think all those years ago of how much pleasure you would still be getting now from the hobby we love?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like Willow tree figures...I have the boy and quite a few others too....all presents which mean something to me,
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh the story behind these is just beautiful and I love the fact the little man was bought to keep her company .... Aaawwww :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a perfect couple they make x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great story and lovely to hear how you got started with scrapping!! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me again, can u send me your addy to new email! Sorry x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Willow Tree figures too. Yours are lovely and obviously very precious x

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are wonderful figurines and go so well together - glad the little lady has company now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Willow Tree figures are among my favorite, but always the stories behind them are more precious than the figurines themselves. What a wonderful impact your neighbor had!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a lovely story and I'm so pleased your neighbour didn't take no for an answer! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely to learn how,to came to scrapbooking, and your neighbour was clearly a nicely persistent lady!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope she knows what developed as a result. Sarah and I were talking about your fantastic style today and how much we love it so your old neighbour really did a good deed by opening you up to it. xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...