Thursday, January 30, 2014

Twenty Twenty Scrapbooking

I have a layout to share with you today, inspired by Sian's article in Jot magazine this month, Twenty Twenty Scrapbooking.
Sian talks of taking twenty minutes to pick and plan your page, twenty minutes to create your page and another twenty minutes to prettify your page. Short bursts work well for me...this is how it went.
I picked my photo, two project life cards and some gold washi to co-ordinate with the stars. I wanted to add a little splatter so I done this right at the end leaving it to dry.... before my next twenty minutes spurt.

It was school run time so I walked down to school to collect No.3 son. yep...part of my post-op exercise is to walk to school everyday... Some days I manage the morning and afternoon walk, some days I can only manage one. Somedays none. I still have the aid of a stick and with the help of physio it's getting easier. My hip has stopped getting stuck when I walk..."yay"... so that's one area that is working good...now if only I could walk (and sit and.....oh sleep..just one night...just one... without waking in pain would be good!) without the rest of my hip hurting and get rid of the limp!! When I haven't walked properly for over 18 months they say it will take time!  I'm looking forward to getting back to work (..did I really say that!!!.... maybe ...."looking forward" isn't the right choice of words, getting back into a routine again before I get used to being at home all day is more like it!!)

Oh my.... I went off at a tangent.........the same happens when I put a layout together. I suppose that's why twenty twenty scrapbooking appealed to me...and my concentration span!

Later that evening, when the house was sleeping, I spent the next twenty minutes picking out some layers, some embellies, adding a little colour and a journalling card. You  might just be able to make the journaling card out, tucked away behind the photo.

The following morning the final twenty minutes was spent threading the needle on my sewing machine #Ineedtogotospecsavers! At least it felt like it took twenty minutes. When I eventually got the thread through that tiny hole I added lots of stitching to pretty up the page.

This is most possibly one of the quickest layouts I have ever put together...thanks too twenty twenty scrapbooking. I will certainly be trying it again.

18 comments:

  1. You need a sewing machine with an automatic needle threader. I didn't even realise mine had one for ages, but find it very handy these days. Ah, the joys of middle age! Lovely page you've created. That 20/20 scrapping works well for you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is beautiful, and the colour range so very pretty. Fascinating to see your blocks of minutes in action! Hoping the walking just gets easier and pain free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't think I could manage one that quick lol. Was just emailing you to see how you were doing lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful!

    I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one with needle issues. I had to laugh yesterday..I was getting cross because I couldn't get my sewing needle threaded to stitch elastic onto a knitted moustache. Now, if I'd actually needed to see to do something properly useful...

    I hope the walking continues to improve

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps.I hope you add this to the Jot Challenges link so everyone can come and admire it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck to you and your crafting.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this layout! I really need to use my sewing machine, I keep threatening to get it out...hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love what you've done, must give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. fantastic page Louise, I am going to try this one out as those short bursts seem to work really well. WHich set of project life cards did the fabby star one come from? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous page (any page with stitching is lovely in my opinion).
    Good to see that 20-20-20 works. I think that's probably how I scrap because although I can sit for three hours getting half way through a page, what I *need* to do is get up and walk away after 15-20 minutes and come back later! If I stay put, I just spend 40 minutes mulling over choices!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is a great page. I am definitely going to try 20-20-20 too. I also enjoyed your recent Project Life pages full of interesting characters.

    ReplyDelete
  12. And it is a great page. I hope your aches and pains leave you soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hoping that the physio and your exercises continue to help and you get back to smooth walking soon. I like the page and the 20.20.20 system is very similar to what I do as I usually only have a few minutes at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Magical is right. Shows you this way of scrapping really does work :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Inspired by your post I set my phone to a 20 minute timer and cracked on with a page - have now put it away until this evening when I will spend another 20 minutes doing some more - love this way of scrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I read Sians post about this yesterday and thought I must catch up on Jot. Looks like a great idea and I love that gold washi tape!

    ReplyDelete
  17. yay - Louise! THANK YOU for taking up Sian's challenge - your layout looks GREAT> I loved reading about your process. We are featuring your layout on the Jot blog next week so keep an eye out for it! Thanks again for taking up the challenge. Kim Archer.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks fabulous Louise, I love the magical feel to it, and the final bits of stitching finish it off so beautifully, it was well worth spending ages trying to thread the machine! I don't think I could do 20-20-20 myself as I usually sit and make the layout all in one go, unless I have to let something dry! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...