Friday, February 21, 2014

The tree of life

The sun is shinning today, but my... is it chilly.

It's half term here this week and thankfully the week hasn't been a complete washout. This afternoon the big one has disappeared to play in his garage. No1 and No3 son's have decided to have an xbox hour...or two and No.2 son is out making a video with his friends.This makes me smile as later we'll have to wait while his friend edits the footage (with his editing software I'm told) and puts on the appropriate music overlay. Then we are allowed to watch. It amazes me how good these little video's are.

Me, I thought I'd share a little layout and a 4x6 page pocket while I wait for a friend to turn up for tea, cake.(we are trying not too!). and a chinwag.


Animal Kingdom and the Tree of Life.
The 4x6 pages share some of the stories from the day including the one where No.2 son, who is my smallest, sits next to a really huge man, so much so that we cannot see him as he is nestled somewhere behind this mans side, shoulder and arm. 

We were in a rubber ring on the River Rapids and over the waterfall edge we go. The rubber ring spun around so the heavy man was the first to hit the water below. All I can say is.....I have never laughed so much....I'm even laughing now recalling the moment.  

The biggest wave came over the top of the ring and the man and Jack got drenched...head to foot....really really drenched. There was not one dry spot on them. So much so, that Jack had to strip off after so that we could wring his clothes out. 

Jack's face was a picture of shock and horror.
He was not amused. 

Do you have any moments like these that have yet to make it into an album? I'm glad this one has been recorded now, although I think it's one of those moments that none of us will ever forget.

13 comments:

  1. I love recording moments like that - the sort where you just see the page and laugh without reading anything further.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't that tree amazing? We managed to get everyone set on the river rapids too - I have shots of the kids wringing their clothes out... then going back again on the basis they were already wet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great layout, looks like a fun day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those moments are the best to record :) gorgeous page

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic memory and a great page x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember being mesmerised by that tree...and of getting truly soaked on the water rides!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh we alos loved the tree and laughed so much in the rapids we went on 3 times in a row as there were no trees and it was soooo much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know what chinwag is but the fact that you paired a layout and a pocket page makes me forget my ignorance! :P I am in love with this combo lately and your looks great! Fun story too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great story Louise! I really like the pocket pages, so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's such a lovely fresh looking page, to set the mood for keeping that memory fresh too

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute cloud paper, and you've used it so effectively. I like the light airy feel of your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab story. We found it really hard to photograph the Tree of Life ... I have one or two tiny (zoomed in) shots. I like that you've used a family shot as a centre piece.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol, oh dear, poor Jack! We had to buy new clothes when we were at some of the parcs in Florida because we got so wet on the water rides! Love the 'it's a good day' phrase! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...