Sunday, April 20, 2014

Have a fantastic day.

 Hello there,

Isn't it a shame the school holidays have to come to an end in the next day or so? I've enjoyed our lazy mornings, a rugby tour, a trip "up north", visiting family and days out. We've also managed a spring sort out where I supervised a garage tidy up and trip to the dump. On Tuesday we will be waving No.1 son off on his school trip for the week. Already I am missing him, it's his birthday while he's away too! I am hoping he has a wonderful birthday and enjoys his time away, making memories that he will remember forever. 

On the crafting front I managed a few early morning sessions. One particular morning I came across the Clearly Besotted Spring Card Challenge and with lots of birthday's in April (including three friends who share the same day!) and a recent purchase from them.....I made a couple of birthday cards.

I used "In the Frame" stamps and to make stamping easier, some of the sets have matching die cutters.
The papers are from MME 6x6 paper pad.  I chose two 6x6 sheets for the card and used the leftovers to reverse the colour combo to make an identical card.
Twine, Mulberry Paper Flowers and Gems from Crafty Business4u
 
Enjoy your Easter Monday......have a fantastic day x

16 comments:

  1. Those cards are cute, i love the little embellishments. Nicely done. I know how your feel Louise, sending the kids away use to be nice, but the older they get the harder it gets for me. My youngest graduates from high school at the end of May; then off to work at a scout camp for the summer; then college. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are so cute, I love the little embellishment additions. I know how you feel too, Louise. As the kids get older, it gets harder to send them off. My youngest is graduating from high school in May, then off to work at summer job at a scout camp, then college. *Sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the tag and the soft colors! My oldest was away at 6th grade camp during his birthday too. He had a special treat during their dinner. I remember missing him but he probably doesn't! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning cards, I love the colours.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cards are beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the layers - and the staples holding down the bits of twine. I need to sit and make cards we've been busy so far this long holiday. Sending kids away is hard - Princess goes for six weeks and then is home four months, looking forward to that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty cards! I do like the colour scheme.

    Yes, TTO heads back to Scotland tomorrow, leaving his sister to her GCSE revision. Roll on, summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards Louise! March is our birthday month, I think we have 9 birthdays! I am definitely sad the holidays are over, I love having the kids home and the little bit of extra sleeping time most mornings doesn't hurt either! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those colours. The soft grey especially. I hate it when the holidays come to an end. The last night before school/uni is always the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful color combos on your cards. I hope everyone adjusts back to reality and routine smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really really love these. The sort of thing I'd hope to make myself! Yes sad here that holidays are over but only 5 weeks until half term!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful colours and design, Louise! :) Thank you so much for playing along with the Clearly Besotted Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mine are still off till this tuesday!
    We have had D of E expedition practise & scout camp plus GCSE revision with a little chilling in between.
    Love the soft colours on these cards Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful layering ... I really like the design of these and the soft colourway.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are such stunning little cards - absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...