Sunday, June 15, 2014

Sending xoxo

It's been a busy week here this past week. There's been something for everyone... birthday celebrations for the young and not so young, Friday 13th sleepovers, a Hawaiian night and a family farewell BBQ.

Between the birthday cake making and party organising there has been little time for creating so when I found that I had an hour...while baking three birthday cakes I set to making two birthday cards. 

During the week there was two challenges that I wanted to join in with so I decided to combine them. The first challenge was from Jennifer's blog event, to keep it clean and simple.  The next challenge was from Clearly Besotted where "anything goes". So I combined Clearly Besotted Stamps with Jennifer's Clean and Simple.

I've used my Tim Holtz stencil  and inks for creating backgrounds on layouts and wanted to try out the same technique for cards. 

.....and in case you wondered I did forget all about one of the cakes in the oven...luckily I caught it in the nick of time! 

17 comments:

  1. I don't know how you manage to fit everything in!!!! I'm exhausted reading this lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are awesome Louise! They really stand out form all the entries so far. I love the way you used some soft and subtle colours on the stencil (Tim Holtz right?) as a background. So pretty. Nice job! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief woman! How on earth can you do everything lol. Ok you are officially my hero lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have been busy, I love the stencil x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute cards and glad your cakes were ok!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific cards. I really like the colors in the cards.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look great great in both colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like these cards.Simple and perfect

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness x you have been busy.
    Great use for this stencil Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards, it sounds like you had a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved your stencil work on your page and i love it here on cards too! I can confirm that baking and scrapbooking do not go together! :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look very cool, I love the stencilling on the background, and the 'sending xoxo' on the typewriter! Thank you for joining in the challenge at Jennifer Grace Creates! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the splash of colour with the black. Fabulous set of cards, Louise! Thank you so much for playing along with the Clearly Besotted Challenge x :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These backgrounds are super - I could see these on a scrapbook page too. Love your little typewriter - I am such a fan of these :).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now that IS multi tasking!! Great effects on those cards and you've definitely piqued my interest with the stencils!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You do clean and simple so very well. I love those little typewriters.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your clean and simple cards:D:D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...