Tuesday, July 29, 2014

More Mists...

I've been scrapbooking for a long time now, 15 years ago this month I started.. just after No1 son arrived. Some may say that one who scrapbooks also card makes. That wasn't always the case for me.

For a very very long time I wouldn't entertain the idea of card making and when I did start to dabble a little I never felt much for it. A few years back I wrote "I absolutely love the idea of a making them but hate the fact that making them always seems to be a struggle. I'm sure it's because there is no photo to take inspiration from".

How we change.......these days I really do enjoy making cards. I like how making a card is quick and easy.... mostly! How instead of hours of pushing paper around a layout (I am a slow scrapper) I can pull a card together pretty quickly. When time is precious making a card is just enough to take the edge of the itch I get to create.

This is my last card to share with you using the Heidi Swapp Stencils.

 For those of you that may be interested in the stencils. Here is each stencil used with Heidi Swapps Colour shine. Aren't they lovely?

At the moment most of my crafting supplies have been packed away while we have some work done on the house. I'm still able to grab a few things, hopefully this will suppress those withdrawal symptoms I know I'll be sure to get.  

Because of this you may well see some further card posts popping up for a while. 

Enjoy your week.

12 comments:

  1. I like those stencils, a friend of mine got them too. I like making cards for the quick and easy set up - and being able to give them away so I don't have to think about storage ;)

    Hope the house work goes smoothly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card, Louise, and I could have written your post as we seem to have quite a bit in common! :) Oh, and I picked up a pack of stencils yesterday because of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cards - both kinds. Great misting too - very consistent. I'm jealous of your skills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards - my misting never looks like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great card - really striking

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fab card, Louise!!! Glad you're enjoying making cards .... I sit down with the intention of making some and then end up scrapping instead!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, i am glad that you got over your hate of card making because I have seen more than a few awesome ones right on this blog! :) Add this one to the list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've certainly a talent with paper and card stock, that's for sure. I wish I had more fun making cards, they always make me stressed for one reason or another lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card and those tags are darling!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those stencils are lovely - you have created lovely effects with these. Good luck with the house reshaping, and hope you are reunited with your tools soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi

    Lovely card:D

    Your work below are fabulous too:D

    Love your work:)

    Wish you a lovely day:)

    Merethe

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look great, I love the green misting, it's classy looking! The card with the ampersand on looks like it came out really well. How frustrating having all your craft supplies packed away, that would give me serious withdrawal symptoms! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...