Wednesday, August 27, 2014

A new baby....

....No not mine!
 Gosh, that would be a shock, for me just as much as you lol!
 
I'm referring to my husband's cousin, who has recently given birth to a beautiful baby girl. I was out shopping for a gift to send her when I came across a card in Next. A little vest hanging on string.

You know what I'm going to say, don't you? 

Yep, I got that feeling. The one that says I can make that.

So that's exactly what I did....and here it is.

 

 I liked it that much I made a blue version too. 
and so you can compare here's the card I first saw in Next.

Have you ever seen a card in a shop and gone home to make your own version?

16 comments:

  1. no I haven't, but might be tempted now x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so true, you look at cards and think, it's crazy, I could make that. But I never do ... Until now! Lol. Your cards are so much prettier as the shop, with their embellishments on. Plus, you made them, so the new parents will treasure it more

    ReplyDelete
  3. And so much better than the shop version :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done that as well.....and your ones look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like you versions so much better Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely prefer yours xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yours is nicer, and I'm not just saying that! I did take a picture of a card in Next, funnily enough, last Christmas but I didn't get round to making it in the end. I love that you actually did it and saved a bit at the same time

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards Louise and I actually prefer yours to the Next ones!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cards so much nicer than the next version
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yours are so much nicer Louise!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, your cards are so cute!!! I wonder, did you hand-cut the shape or used a die cutting machine (or punch?) - Great lift! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yours are way much nicer - and a great idea for a card 'lift'. I haven't done that - yet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for the lovely comment you left on my blog. Great cards, I love your version much better than the Next one! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...