Friday, September 26, 2014

A hive of activity

 Hello all....how is everyone? 

It's been a funny few weeks here. I've had to pack every last craft item away now as work continues on the house. It's funny how I feel.... kinda in limbo. It isn't easy not being able to cut and stick when I fancy..I can tell you!  Still, all the shopping for new items and the delivery of my new kitchen has kept me going.

 This fun set of cards was made a few weeks ago before I packed everything away. I am hoping it'll only be another few weeks before i'm able to unpack it all. I'll keep you posted. 
(using Tim Holtz faded stencil and stamps and dies from Clearly Besotted Stamps)

The boys have been busy. 
No1 son made a brief appearance on our local news this week. His team were filmed for a news piece on the Rugby World cup coming to Milton Keynes next year. Here's a quick clip I recorded from the iplayer. He's the one who comes out the back of the scum and runs off with the ball. Did you manage to see him...if you blinked you've probably missed him lol! You could see him better and much clearer on the big screen.


 Then No3 son played in a tournament and met Will Greenwood. Former England Player. 
(Receiving their award. That's my boy on the far right..big smile.)

and last but not least ....No2 son won his first game of the season...whoop whoop.
 (That's my boy at the back - looking into the ruck.)

In other news. Grand Designs last week showed the building of a round house. Did anyone see it?

If you're not sure, it was the one where the husband and wife bickered over the build, the husband was building a plane too....Remember now?  If you do....this beautiful house sits on the outskirt of our village, so it was lovely to watch the program and actually see what the inside looked like. Now every day when I pass the house, I enjoying see it all the more.   

What have you all been up to? anything exciting?

11 comments:

  1. Hi
    Your cards are stunning and lovely:)

    Lovely photos too:)

    Have a nice day:D

    Merethe

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are all Rugby mad! :) (no bad thing, no bad thing..)

    I'll have to keep an eye out for that Grand Designs episode. It would be lovely to see your neighbourhood. And I hope you are back to free and easy cutting and sticking very soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous gorgeous cards. I so love your style.

    I hope you're going to show us your new kitchen. I loved seeing the photo of Wren turning up lol. It's soooooo exciting

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting, a remodel. I'm still, slowly, working on painting walls. I, too, hope you post a before and after. Love the cards. They're just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards and lovely news but a shame all your craft stuff is packed away for the time being - fingers crossed it's not for too long!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bee themed cards. And it sounds like life is busy but good where you are. Good luck finishing up the house redo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, what a trio of handsome lads you have there! Not seen that Grand Designs but will be looking out for it now ... I love that background on your cards - so subtle but it really makes your lovely toppers pop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm only seeing this now as I have been behind on my blog reader and need to mention how much I love your cards! The yellow pops are wonderful! And congrats to your boys for their exploits :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I empathise about the not being able to stick a bit whenever you want - slowly getting there here, hope your works finish soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bumblebee cards are soo cute! Love that last rugby photo, it captures the spirit of the game very well!

    We haven't seen that Grand Designs yet but we've been recording them, so when I watch it I'm going to think of you walking by the house! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice cards!! I love your background, did you use a stencil for it? :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...