Sunday, January 11, 2015

12in15 Challenge

Yay....after four months I've made a layout. I knew it had been a while I just didn't realise how long.

It feels good.

The work on the house meant I packed everything away and when it all came out again I was busy getting things ready for Christmas. So with the start of a new year, I bought a few new bits, as you do, I always find it gets me back into the swing of things.

Armed with a new circle stencil I pulled together some supplies and joined in with Nina Christenen's 12in15 challenge. I think it's Nina's inspiring challenge video that make me want have to join in.

Marsalis was the colour challenge. A deep red/wine colour. My go to 12x12 background colour has been white for a while now so it made a change to use a darker background. I think i'll have to make a point to use a coloured background for my next layout too. 

To lighten the layout I used a white mist with Jennifer's circle stencil. I have a few stencils from her Happy Scatter Shop now and love using them. Great quality, fantastic designs....we need more Jennifer :) 


Thank you for stopping by - enjoy your week ahead.

20 comments:

  1. Ooh, I like that pinwheel - it looks wonderful against that darker background, which also makes those photos pop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that background. I'm needing to break the white background base as well. Love the LO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout and I really love that stencil x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you back and scrapping again, love the use of the coloured background here really works well with the papers and photos. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go you!!! I thought it had been a while for me but you beat me hands down.
    I LOVE that colour and the little bitty bits. And oh what a sweet photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh, it's lovely to see a page from you again. You rocked that deep red background :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, looks great! I love how you used the stencil. The bold background looks fab, and I'm glad to see you are back to scrapping! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always fab layering Louise and love that stencil! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. good to see you back, love the stencil x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great LO and good to see you back scrapping :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that deep red background.....and the stencil looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great LO Louise and the bold background works so well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've certainly not lost your touch, and you've certainly made me want to bring out my darker cardstock xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the layout...it DOES feel good to get back to scrapping doesn,t it? Xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how nice to be back scrapping after four months. Hope the house is back together. I like the strong background - have been thinking I need to use some coloured cardstock too - thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Creating pages is my favorite thing to do. Gotta love our inspiring subjects too. Love the LO.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun layout, Louise, love the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad to see you making layouts again! That color would be hard for me right now but I guess that's why it's called a challenge, right? :) You did a great job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab layout! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this layout, Louise! You're really rocking that tricky marsala color. :) Congrats on winning, once again. xo Nina

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...