Monday, February 23, 2015

...from the sidelines

Before I share today's layout with you I'd like to say a big thank you for all your lovely comments on my previous Rugby Rules post. It was great that you took the time to share rugby related scrap product links with me - even if I don't purchase all of the items, they sure have given me lots of ideas.

Inspired by one of the links, I was reminded that I have a rugby ball stamp and decided to try and re-create a rugby ball background.

Now you need to bear with me. I wasn't sure where I was going with this background when I started stamping. After scattering some stamped balls onto the patterned paper I used Jennifer new scattered triangle stencil to add some shape...followed by Mr Huey mist splats.

At this point I did think hmmmm....what now!

The thing I like when creating a background is you can... add more or cover up those little arrears that you are not too keen on and generally you really can make it work for you.
Here's how the background paper looked when the layout was completed. 

I think I made it work and you know what.....I kinda like the look achieved. 
What do you think?

The photo I've scrapped may not look like much...to me it captures an element of Rugby that doesn't happen often. These boys very rarely get to watch each other play. This particular Sunday No2 son's game was late starting and No1 son came and watched the last quarter. In his usual stance... hands on hips.... he stood next to his dad and shouted  offered advise from the sidelines. He really tried to help his brother. They talked tactics after the game and it was really nice to listen to them.

Have a super week and i'll be back on Friday with this weeks fancy.

P.S. On my previous rugby rules layout some of you commented on the background. It's Tim Holts faded dot stamp stencil used with some texture paste. It seems that this textured paste could be my new favourite thing. What's yours?

11 comments:

  1. I love your rugby background...subtle, but just enough to give a bit of pop and a quick hint to what the page is about. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab layout, Louise, your background looks great and you know I love the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great layout with a photo that tells a lovely story x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it - its so fun to design your own backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very attractive page - great stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the background, perfect for your LO.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all I think you are brave (at least braver than I am) stamping like that on your background! It does end up working very well and even adds a bit of movement. Now as the mom of boys, I also have to say how I enjoy the fact that they both play the same sport as well and all that goes with that :) I really like that photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it works really well! Just suits your photo, and very creative. I think I'd have nerves about placing a stamp on such a large sheet on card. Photos which just capture something unique about a person are wonderful - much better than a posed one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous page ... I know I've said it before but I so love your style

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like making my own background papers - once I know where things will be placed I often add in extra stamps or whatever to cover any blank spots. Always a fun and unique creation.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...