Friday, April 24, 2015

Sweet 16

You must have heard me say a million times before, Rugby plays a huge part in our live's.

The older the boys get the more involved they become. For the best part of the season it's been three evenings a week and our Sunday's. In Sun, Wind, Rain and yes on occasion Snow.

Friends of ours, say "they don't know how we do it" and yet it's not something I think about. I couldn't imagine not wanting to be a part of what they love.

Not only is it good for their fitness, it's teaches them discipline, respect, teamwork and sportsmanship. 

Most of all, it's something they want to do and something they all enjoy. There's none of this pushy mum/dad stuff, they play because it's want they want to do.

At times, it can be scary to watch. It's not for the faint hearted. Watching it on TV is completely different to standing next to a pitch and watching your own boy play. Especially when they play against a team who have huge boys. A couple of weeks back...No2 son played a team where the coaches asked a lad from the opposition his age. He was massive. I mean Really Massive.... so much so, after the game No2 son (who's 12) said
"there's no way that boy's 12 he has a beard and everything"!

Now, the reason I'm writing this post today is because the boy who started us all off along this Rugby road was 16 this week. 16....sadly I am old enough to have a 16 year old.



He has always been my good boy, he's smart, funny, very chilled and takes everything in his stride.


(Apologies if you've seen these photos on IG)

And here's the photo of him, in action, which I scrapped in a post last week 


#lovethisboy

9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to him!

    I've been spotting your rugby pins on Pinterest and enjoying them very much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many Happy Returns to him x
    I just don'y know where the time goes... my boys will be 21 & 18 later this year :o

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many congratulations to you all :). To him, for all his hard work and to you form nurturing his talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope he has a wonderful day, Louise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope he had a great birthday and hats off to him for sticking with what he loves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing your IG photos and I love that you're such a great mum and support your boys so much. You have such a fabulous family x

    ReplyDelete
  7. a lovely family and a very proud mum x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope he had a lovely birthday xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your blog, through Jennifer Graces event. Happy belated birthday to your son. Love the photo at the end, the determination on his face says it all. As a mum to 2 young boys, I love to see how others scrap their moments.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...