Friday, May 29, 2015

The Good..the Bad...and the Bokeh

Clearly Besotted Rose Stamp and Sentiment
I was up early last Saturday morning. My darling husband was on an early shift and he was so noisy I'm surprised he didn't wake the whole house.

So while the boys were sleeping I pulled out the tray I'd been working on the night before. It held some watercolour paints and brushes and the backgrounds I'd created to join in with Jennifer's challenge from her 

A few hours flew by... I was on a roll (it's only 8.30am)... and there was still no sign of the boys. By this time the inks and stamps had come out and the tray could no longer be seen...nor could the table, floor or chairs!!

It all started here with Jennifer's challenge, to create a Bokeh effect.

Here's how it turned out...I thought i'd share with you the good and the bad.


First up is the watercolour backgrounds. They didn't turn out quite as I imagined. I tried to create circles in the colour. Sometimes an idea just doesn't work out does it?

Before I totally pushed this background to one side I used one of Jennifer's Happy Scatter stencils and white ink to create the bokeh effect.  Nope, I still wasn't happy with it.

Still...a bad idea can morph into a good one.

After messing around with watercolours and not really feeling it, I swapped them for inks. Tim Holtz distress inks.

And once the inked background dried, I used a white ink pad and stencil to create the bokeh effect as Jennifer showed in her video.



I was much happier with the result. 

My mammoth morning session ended soon after...when the house started to stir...but not before I'd made more backgrounds ......

I missed Jennifer's deadline for her Bokeh challenge, however I'd like to say thank you to her for setting a challenge that gave me inspiration to go on and create many more backgrounds. 

I'll be back soon to show you more on these.
Happy Friday to you all. 


6 comments:

  1. Cool! There's nothing like a bit of early morning peace and quiet to get the brain ticking over..

    Great post title too

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very creative start to your Saturday morning! The gentle whitened effect is lovely ... I have my eye on that greeny-turquoise background too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, stunning creations,love your backgrounds.

    Have a nice day.

    Merethe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got the bokeh background to turn out, Louise, it looks fab as do all of the others! Especially digging the ferris wheel one, so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not tried the bokeh technique. Slightly worried about ruining my white ink pad! Yours looks great as do the other backgrounds. Good luck to your boy for whichever exams are coming up next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look amazing, it's nice to have some time when everyone is still asleep :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...