Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Cars and Stars

Hello and welcome to card number three,

and probably my favourite from these backgrounds.


Maybe because it reminds me of when my three were little.


As shared here, I stamped one police car at a time with Versamark ink and added embossing powder to the image so I could see where to stamp next. The clear embossing powder used is very old, so old I purchased it when we lived in London some 10 years ago or more. 

Different sized stars stamps filled in the gaps.

Once all the images were heat set I used Tim Holtz distress inks with water to create another muted background. The ink pad was stamped onto a craft sheet and sprayed with water, mixing them together and picking up the ink with a paintbrush. A yellow and blue ink blended together nicely.


Did I say earlier that this is my favourite background. 


I will definitely be making some more of this design for my little nephews.
Maybe a fire engine or an aeroplane next.

Do you have a stamp suitable for making a card like this?


 If you'd like to hook out your old heat gun and embossing powder then please feel free to join in and create your own background.  If you do please leave a comment and link me up and i'll send a little card related gift in the post to one of you.

Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the remainder of your week. 

8 comments:

  1. love this Louise, I should really get some craft out and start to play!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, Louise, loving this series of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely background and I really like the sentiments on vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my embossing powder is probably as old as yours! You have created a lovely delicate effect with it. And. as before, the vellum strip is perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving what you are doing here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely card Louise. It's a great technique. I managed to follow you, I'm a bit of a technophobe! ... no photo I'm afraid but never mind. xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...