Friday, June 26, 2015

Fire Fire

Happy Friday... the sun is shinning and we have a teacher training day here today, for No2 son. No1 son has finished school - which means only No3 son went off to school this morning :( 
Thankfully he didn't seem too bothered. 

Before I get tied up in the household chores I have a card to share with you today.


It's the very last one from the backgrounds I made.

I used another of  Jennifer Grace's Happy Scatter stencils. 

The same principle used here was applied and after heat setting the embossing powder on the triangles I stamped out my little fire engine.

Picking two Tim Holtz distress inks, which were used like watercolours, to finish off the card.


Here's a close up of the little engine itself. Isn't is cute. It's from the same stamp set as the police car I used in an earlier post.

If I've learnt anything from putting these cards together its:-
  • to make sure you use a good quality watercolour card. This means you can move the ink around and if you're not happy you can add/dab off the water/ink, until you are. 
  • you should probably invest in a decent set of watercolours.  I read somewhere that cheap watercolours could be the reason a lot of people don't get on with them.  
  • distress inks can be used like watercolours. I got on with the distress inks much better than my watercolours.
  • to experiment - you might be pleasantly surprised with the outcome.
  • add your inked sentiment after you've coloured your background unless you heat emboss it. 
  • mostly to enjoy your creative time, relax and go with the flow and have no preconception on how your card will turn out. 
  
Thank you for all your comments while I've been sharing these cards. I appreciate them all. Have a super weekend and I'll see you on Monday x 




7 comments:

  1. I think I need to get me some of those stencils. Every time I see your triangles they look fab! Cute fire engine too. Same here DD finished school and DS on inset day so I took the day off to be with them only to realise they have both made plans with their friends. So ice now done the same and off for a girlie late lunch later! Enjoy your day x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great series and final card share, Louise! I so agree about getting better results from Distress Markers than my watercolors, though my watercolors are a cheap set. ;) Have a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fire engine is indeed very cute. Perfect for boy cards. Or actually any card offering a helping hand, or sending good wishes..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a great set of cards. The background colour is lovely and that little fire engine is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOw cute, and the watercolor detail is beautiful. I like those TH Distreass Inks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous background and what a super fun design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a lovely card and a really cute stamp x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...