Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Hello Sunshine

Good morning, I'm so glad it's Wednesday, the end of my working week.

After sixteen years of holding out I took the plunge back in January and subscribed to a kit with 
Scraptastic club. For a long while I have been a follower of Nathalie,  one of their design team members. She has boys and I always noticed that her kits didn't appear girlie. I think that's what sold it to me.

My first kit arrived and it was so lovely...I can say every last element was used. I found it quite a luxury to create a few layouts without having to ransack all my stash. The kits in the months following arrived they were all lovely too...the only thing was they all arrived with customs duty charges. I knew this was a possibility, yet when another item I ordered which was below the UK limit also arrived with a charge, it was becoming expensive. So I made the decision to stop the kits *inserts very sad face* thinking that the extra duty charges would be better spent on pretty papers.

I'm now on the look out for a UK based kit, can you recommend one? 
Papers Scraptastic Kit Club, Flair Feed your Craft, Triangle stencil Happy Scatter 
  I'm still working my way through the last kit and using up scraps from the earlier ones. 

 The yellow tag tucked underneath holds my journalling.
Papers Scraptastic, Triangle stencil Happy Scatter and Flair Feed Your Craft
No2 son struggles with me pointing the camera at him, so it was lovely to get this gorgeous shot of him - even with the dollop of sand on the end of his nose. 

9 comments:

  1. Fab LO. I have had various kits over the years from the U.S and the UK. I only get the Quirky Kit now. You can get a small one, main one and embellishment kit. They arrive every two months which is perfect for me. I also found they frequently had the same papers as my US kits so I haven't missed my US kits at all really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you like this kit club, the papers are perfect for boy or girl pages, they are simply fun and modern. Beautiful photo and lovely design, especially the touch of stencilling. I would love to join a kit club too but any UK ones seem to be overly fussy. I wonder if there are any European ones and if they would still incur import tax if the country is part of the EU? Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you've layered those yellow papers behind the photos. Great LO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's such a shame..our customs limit seems so much lower than everywhere else. I love how the two versions of your photo really made me look at it carefully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab layout, Louise! Such a bummer about the duty charges, maybe check the UKScrappers forum to see if anyone there knows of UK based kit clubs?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a another gorgeous page Louise. I love the photo too and how you've used it both ways. I'm keeping an eye on Like for Ever kits. I've liked them all so far but I have a girl and a boy so don't have the same challenges as you! It was so easy when Josh was little with robots, bugs and trains but not so easy now he's a teenager!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get 'Like for ever' Kits and I love them! You get full packs of embellishments and can add to your kit if you want to to save on post. You also get a discount code to use in the shop and if you dont like the kit that month, just don't pay :) No commitment and yummy stash :) I don't work for them I promise lol, but I used to get 'Sarahs cards' kits and loved them so Im pleased I found a new one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I like this - it's just right!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great layout and that really is a beautiful photo! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...