Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Up Up and Away

Hello, hello, happy Wednesday to you.



I was looking through the photos I snapped when making these backgrounds and ...

...had the idea of putting together a series of posts over the next week or so to share them all with you.

I've never done anything like this before and thought maybe you'd like to join in and make one of your own over the next couple of weeks. If you do please leave a comment and link me up and i'll send a little card related gift in the post to one of you.

...................................................................................................................................................................

I'm going to start with the smallest background first.


You know I said in this post I swapped the watercolours for inks when I wasn't getting the effect I wanted. Well this was one that slipped through the net.

From the watercolour backgrounds this was the only one I really liked enough to use. The colours blended together nicely.

The paper is Watercolour paper I purchased a while back. It's lovely and thick and can withstand quite a soaking.

The balloon is a stamp from this set. The image was stamped and coloured in with watercolour paints then cut out.

It turned out to be a cute little card.

Have a lovely day and i'll be back to share another card with you soon x

9 comments:

  1. That background is so pretty. Not sure I could achieve that look even if I tried! The balloon looks perfect against it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely, really lovely. No, I don't think I could achieve it either..but I just know you are going to make me want to buy watercolours and inks and try

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Love the backgrounds :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is absolutely beautiful! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, it's a darling card, Louise, looking forward to seeing what you do with the rest of the backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous Louise. Your painting on the balloon is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Works beautifully with that background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It has indeed worked perfectly - what a great idea! The balloon is very neatly done, and 'floats' beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a cute card and I love the stamp xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...