Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Using the left overs

Good morning to you all. 

How's your week going so far?


Today I'm going to share with you another card from my series of background designs......



...using the leftovers.

 From almost every project we create we have leftovers and sometimes these get put into a box/folder of scraps....and on occasions never looked at again. 

Not this time. 

When I cut the backgrounds to size I had a strip of watercolour paper left. I took three of the strips and held them together with wash tape.
Hopefully you can see from the above pictures the idea was to stamp images across the three strips to give a continued effect.

Again stamping one image and embossing it before moving on to stamp the next image.
The whole piece was set with a heat gun and inked using Tim Holtz distress ink mixed with water.

The panels were mounted with foam tape and adhered to the card.

Did you notice the flower eyelet?
I bet you have a handful of shaped eyelets somewhere? :) 


It's the end of my working week today *yay* and I am looking forward to some crafty time. 

I'll be back on Friday x 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you'd like to hook out your old heat gun and embossing powder then please feel free to join in and create your own background.  If you do please leave a comment and link me up and I'll send a little card related gift in the post to one of you.

5 comments:

  1. This card is really pretty Louise. I love the colour. You're right about the eyelets! I usually use brads, just for quickness really but your eyelet is much more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The eyelet looks fab! I have a pile around here somewhere... Lovely simple kind but a classic x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for those strips, Louise, beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really lovely - so very soft... I've been admiring your lettering on the vellum. Is it a stamp?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty - I like the eyelet. Nope, don't think I've got a big stash, might have a spare few in the depths of the colour bins. Well done on using up the scraps too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...