Wednesday, July 08, 2015

URGR8

I thought I was finished with all the backgrounds I shared with you. Then I came across the couple of watercolored ones I disregarded right at the beginning when I swapped to distress inks.

You know when you look at something again after a while and wonder what it was about it you didn't like the first time around. Honestly I think maybe I liked the look of the embossed backgrounds more than I like the watercolored ones.

Until now..... it would have been a waste to have thrown this away so I grabbed a stamp and die and ended up with a card I really like.


Text talk. I can't say I like it myself - how about you?  Am I the only one who would rather type out the full word than abbreviate it?

Now my dad has his own text talk. He only ever texts when they are away on holiday and believe me it takes us till they come home to decipher his message.  He is one, who writes GR8 so this stamp would be great  GR8 for him.

11 comments:

  1. I am with you re text talk, I have to write the whole thing out, though the predictive takes over numerous times without my noticing which does lead to some laughter I have to say lol. When Mick first started to send texts he didn't know where the space bar was so every word had a plus sign between it ie hi+how+are+you+ etc etc the girls and I did laugh and still do about it. Great card, funny how something you initially don't take to can turn out a favourite. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card turned out GR8 Louise! Sorry couldn't help myself! Text talk is not something I use either, I am definitely old school and even put in the commas and capital letters when I text someone. But honestly this card turned out beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not the only one. I always type out my text messages in full with the correct use of punctuation and capital letters. My friend's children laugh at me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes I have to walk away from something just in the hope that I'll like it again the next morning! I really do like your watercolour background

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would have been a shame not to use this background. Your card looks very pretty and do I see a bit of bokeh here? Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad your background didn't go to the trash, it made a very cute card, Louise! I'd rather spell out my words, too, but for some reason I have a thing for not always capitalizing my words then should be. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have that die and really love it....just very fine and a little fiddly to glue in place...love that you have used staples...are they ordinary ones or from a tiny attacher??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous and sweet card,love the background:D

    Merethe

    ReplyDelete
  9. That card turned out simply wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely card, I'm glad you didn't throw that background away. I don't like text talk either x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the background. Yes, we type things out in full here - daughter has been corrupted whilst away at Uni.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...