Monday, August 10, 2015

Me on Monday

Waving to Sian and you Me on Monday Morningers.

Last weekend we returned from our camping trip and after catching up on the endless washing we packed No1 son off for the week last Monday. Our week felt complete again when he returned home on Friday evening (with a case full of dirty clothes to be washed, ironed and re-packed ready for his second week away this morning). He came home exhausted, struggling to string a sentence together. From what he's said about his trip and the few photos i've seen there's no doubt he had a blast.

Our weekend was one of entertaining. It started early with an impromptu evening where our camping partners popped in. It was a lovely warm evening so we all sat in the garden and cracked open the wine for us girls and the beer for the boys. Many hours later, many drinks consumed and marshmallows cooked.....the boys all agreed to catch the early showing of Fantastic Four in the morning. We had the best evening. It's these impromptu times I love the most, they always turn out to be the best.
The next morning I was nursing a slight wine induced headache. The boys left for the cinema and I spent a couple of hours with paper and ink.  Later on, mum and dad arrived for dinner.  A roast dinner for taking up some school trousers was a fair trade me thinks.

No 2 son treated himself to a new pair of trainers. He knew exactly what he wanted and wasn't prepared to settle for anything less. In the end we found a pair more reasonable priced on the internet and they arrived in time for the weekend.

Saturday saw me catching up on household chores and photo wall organising. It's only taken me the best part of the year.  The easy part was planning where to hang the frames. The hard part was deciding what photos to display.
 You can see the display slightly differed from my original plan. I like how it turned out though ... and  the best bit is there's room for more.

While I was organising my wall, hubster was jet washing the patio...and the garden furniture...and the BBQ....and anything else in sight I suspect. The windows were cleaned and the grass cut all ready for our Sunday visitors.

One of my oldest school friends travelled to us with her family for dinner and drinks. It was lovely to see her and catch up. We moved house when I was six years old and I started a new primary school. This girl has been my friend since then. 
The weekend flew by and before I knew it I was back here today..... 

Think my keyboard needs a dusting :) 
....catching up on nearly three weeks worth of work and emails. I wish sometimes I had a job where while you are away someone else covers your work. Sadly this doesn't happen - so I know I have a busy few days in store. 

Whatever your plans for the week, enjoy them x

14 comments:

  1. I love your photo wall. I'm trying to plan something similar myself but am probably going for all white frames - at least that's the latest thinking! I keep changing my mind. I wonder if it would be easier to choose the photos first?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely social weekend you had ... The best type for sure :) and I'm just loving the frames xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed your wall gallery on a recent photo on IG and loved it! I didn't realize it was brand new!
    I enjoyed catching up with you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your "Wall Of fame" is fantastic! Maybe if I tell the one with the hammer here, he might be spurred on to put up the ONE picture I'm waiting for..

    It sounds like a really lovely weekend. Hope the rest of the week follows the same way

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous social weekend x
    I love how you planned your photo wall, think I'll have to try that :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a busy life you have Louise. It sounds like a wonderful weekend. I'm really impressed with your photo wall. It looks amazing.

    How lovely to have had a friend from childhood. I've moved around a bit and don't have contact with any from that far back. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a fab weekend, Louise! Your framed pictures look great and hope it doesn't take too long to get caught up at work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like an amazing weekend with great friends xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in love with your picture Wall - planning it like you've done definately paid of.
    Miss you loads 😘
    G x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am kan love with your picture wall - laying the pictures out first definately paid of.
    Hope you are enjoying the English summer 🌞
    Miss you loads 😘
    G x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds busy over there. I really like your wall of framed pictures, I need to update our photos in frames too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a relaxing weekend - I like that photo wall. We haven't put anything up here - except where there was already a nail and I was thinking the other day how much I miss that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab weekend :) I love ur picture wall! We're just starting one at the top of the stairs :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...