Monday, August 24, 2015

Me on Monday

 Hello Hello Hello.. Happy Monday to you.

Gosh it feels good to be at home today. And I feel so much better than I did last Monday. Maybe because I've been able to spend a couple of hours cutting and sticking. That was after the hubster left for work dropping No1 son off on the way, for his day of fund raising while I took the other two for long overdue haircuts.

We have had another lovely weekend, No1 son received his GCSE results in the week so it was one for relaxing and celebrating. My boy done good and we couldn't be prouder. He's been accepted for his chosen A Levels so he is happy.
The Web Ellis Cup made an appearance at our local shopping centre and the boys weren't passing up an opportunity to go and see it. I wasn't passing up an opportunity to get some photos. It was win win all round.

There were two other local clubs we spotted handing out leaflets and our rival club tried to hand No1 son a leaflet. It did make me smile when his face of disapproval told them, no thanks I play for MK.
Saturday was a day of reminiscing. We drove down to my brothers and headed into Windsor for the afternoon. Note to Self: Remember to never go via the M25 ever ever again!!!!

Before the boys, Windsor was a regular weekend visit. Walking within the castle grounds (yes, it was free back then to wander around the castle) Picnic's by the river, taking a paddle out, a stroll around the shops. The evenings were spent in one of the quaint pubs or trendy (we thought so then) bars, there were occasions when we took the river boat disco in the evenings. I think the last time we were there No2 son (or it may have been No3 son) was a baby, most definitely over ten years ago. I had forgotten how lovely it was.

We ended the day with a trip to the Nike outlet where No3 son purchased a new pair of trainers. Oh to be eleven again. He's had them on his feet ever since...even with his PJ's.

We wrapped up the weekend with pre-season rugby training (and you know what, I'm slipping...I forgot to take photos) and a bar-b-que in true British style...the rain.


Enjoy your week as we head into a long bank holiday weekend x
--------------------------------
This post is brought to you as part of Sian's Me on Monday meme.



14 comments:

  1. Windsor looks lovely - glad you enjoyed it. Barbecuing under a brolly, now that is what I call living! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Windsor Castle grounds are gorgeous (I remember it being cloudy the day I walked around). Those are some bright blue runners. Hoping you have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray for exam results and new trainers and loyal rugby players and trips to Windsor. It sounds like everyone had something to enjoy this weekend. I hope there is something nice for everyone during the week ahead too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done to your son for getting good results! I like the photo of a typical British barbecue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to no.1 son on his exam results. Something for you all to celebrate. Lots of lovely photos again. I used to go to Windsor a lot when we lived in Hampshire. Your young son ,s trainers look very trendy. Glad to see you were, t put off by the weather, have a lovely week. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done to him on the exam front. Such a nerve wracking wait.

    Certainly looks like a great weekend and you all had something good to enjoy ... Other than b-b-q'ing in the rain lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for your No1 son! Wonderful photos from your weekend, enjoy your long weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news about the exam results! Sounds like you all had a fun weekend (except for the time stuck on the M25 - how I hate that motorway!) and rounded it up with a barbecue in the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great news on the exam front. A huge relief for them after the long wait.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many congratulations to son no 1 on his exam results and on being able to do just what he wants next - worth all the hard work! Though not a BBQer, I admire the spirit which disregards the rain and doesn't head indoors to the nearest kitchen :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds and looks like you had a great weekend. I love Windsor xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to frequent Windsor in the late 80s and early 90s and proud to say I've done that river boat disco too! Loved taking my two back to the castle several years back. So pleased your son did well in his exams - congratulations to him! It's such a relief it's all over isn't it? But like me you've got more coming up behind! Have a good week x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations to your son on his exams (was saddened to read the story about the teacher that didn't like him - glad it wasn't the norm and didn't put him off). Sounds like a good weekend. Wookie avoids the M25 if at all possible.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations to your son on his exams (was saddened to read the story about the teacher that didn't like him - glad it wasn't the norm and didn't put him off). Sounds like a good weekend. Wookie avoids the M25 if at all possible.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...