Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Hello Devon

It's been a while since I've holidayed in Devon. The last time was with my parents and siblings.  Seeing all the pretty places again has made me want to go back and see more...soon.

When the sun came out to play we headed for the beach. It wasn't warm enough to swim in the sea.
Even the kids passed it up.  It was warm enough to rock pool, throw a ball around, bury each other in the sand, build castles and dig fortes.

We grabbed a few minutes for a photo op.



Camping in Devon 2015. No need for a title when you have a little flair
Papers from a Scraptastic club kit. Flair from Feed your craft 
Bantham Beach was beautiful. When we arrived we almost had the whole beach to ourselves..until the surfers turned out.

Have you a favourite beach in the UK?

10 comments:

  1. It looks as if you had fun. What a great idea marking the place and year in the sand for your photo. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the design of your beachy layout Louise, the bright fun paper strip and flair is always a good idea! We haven't holidayed in the UK for years and when we camp we tend to go inland (we live on the coast) but one year we went on a short break to Newquay and the beach there is gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are some beautiful beaches out there aren't there? If you could guarantee the weather there'd be no need to go abroad for your holidays! We've visited some lovely ones in Cornwall, and I have fond memories of Sandbanks. Don't think I've heard of Bantham Beach though, I will have to research. My favourite nearby beach is Frinton, it's a place we can get to in just over an hour and was always a place for family picnics. It's not the prettiest beach around but the thought of it brings back great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun layout, Louise, love your stitched embellishment clusters and the file card is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that photo title thing you've got going on there :)

    Beaches? There are some nice ones here though it isn't often warm enough to paddle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so adore your scrapping style. I need to pin this one for inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm, loving your background here. That woodgrain looks great with the sand in your photo. I have to say that I have a fondness for the beaches in the far west of Ireland - acres of unblemished sand and wind and sea ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this page - at first it seems very simple but the more you look the more you see...the wood stars the stitching. Gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great page and I love how you've done the title xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love the design and that woodgrain paper. I like sandy beaches, enjoyed the ones I visited in Cornwall.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...