Monday, September 28, 2015

Me on Monday

The weekend was one of washing machine buying, extractor fan changing, fifa playing, NCS graduating, pizza cooking and entertaining.

Seeing No1 son with the boys he's known since his first day at school here, makes me smile. They're always laughing. He's around 5ft 10/11 tall and looks like a midget next to the other three, who are all well over 6ft. He's on his tip toes in the middle row right hand photo.
All photos are from another mum who has a massive camera and takes super shots
It wouldn't have been a weekend without lots of rugby watching and playing.

We spent Saturday evening, just the five of us with chocolate, popcorn and beer, cheering on England. I often wonder what it would be like if my Grandad was still alive. With a name like Millwyn, he sure was Welsh. Born in Swansea, moved to West London with my nan (who passed away when I was seven, so I have a very little memory of her) There's no doubt he would have been outnumbered watching the game.

Sunday we rushed from his NCS graduation to his rugby match. Arriving five minutes before kick off. I 've never seen him move so fast. He was out of the car and flying up the stairs into he club faster than we could say "good luck". They played a good game but sadly lost. We arrived home for pizza, friends and the Ireland game. Sian...did you notice? we were cheering on Ireland.
While waiting for No1 son after his game. No2 son took the time to practise his kicking. I always think there's a lot of pressure on the kicker in a game. His determination will take him far.  After watching him, I'm in no doubt he can do it.

So there you have it...another weekend in my world, where sometimes it feels like all there is is Rugby! and rugby kit washing!

Today, Monday I was feeling tired. It might have something to do with all the wine we drank last night. It might have been because it was a fairly busy weekend. Nope....it was the wine! So while I was driving home from work No2 & 3 son...would you believe it, were still at school...for after school Rugby training!

You know sometimes I wonder what it would be like if I'd had girls :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

13 comments:

  1. Lots of Rugby and yes lots of washing of kit in your weekend. Glad you had some time for wine and relaxation as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's wonderful that your eldest is part of a long time friendship. In this part of the world it is all about hockey, all 4 seasons and it's girls & boys! I don't envy you washing the boy's rugby kits after a game ...good thing you got a new washing machine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a full weekend for you, Louise, hope you have a chance to relax before the next one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, lovely pictures! I know what you mean: I often wonder what it would have been like if my Welsh, Rugby fan of a Dad had still been alive. I can just about remember him offering us a prize once as kids, for the person who could bring him the most red things to wear on match day. He ended up with a red biscuit tin on his head.

    It sounds as if you had an absolutely lovely weekend. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have girls and wonder what it would be like with boys. My youngest has recently started playing girls rugby and I haven't a clue what is going on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least you don't have to try and divide your attention when they are all rugby players. My weekends were split between dance classes and football pitches! It wouldn't be easier with girls, it would just be different!
    Wonder how many rugby kits that new washer will see in its lifetime !

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a busy weekend you had again Louise and loads of lovely photos of your boys too. I don't really understand the rules of rugby but I did watch England on Saturday evening. I enjoyed the first half best,! Have a great week.Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a lovely family weekend. Mine tried sports when they were younger but were happier doing scouts etc - so I can selfishly have me time at a weekend - and I don't have all that washing! Have a good week x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had such a lovely weekend, and come on let's face it. You'd be bored having girls lol

    Talking of washing machines, I have a feeling I'll be looking at reviews soon. I don't think Simon will be able to fix it for much longer ... Mine has definitely seen better days

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a good weekend to me. My Grandad was a Jones,although he died before I was born my Mum tells me he was a big rugby fan - I always feel a split loyalty when England play Wales and cheer for both! Well done on your boy for graduating :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What super photos and your montage is so nicely done :). I don't expect with all that rugby-ness, that there is much room for anything else in your weekends at present. Hoping you have time for some 'girliness' somewhere ..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Divided loyalties here too with my Grandad being a Jones! Well done on the graduation and here's to many more rugby filled weekends x

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sounds like a lovely, busy weekend x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...