Monday, November 09, 2015

Me on Monday

Hello to all you Me on Mondayer's. A whole month has passed since I was here last. I apologise for not visiting you all.

On 1 October I increased my weekly working week. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Coincided with No.3 son starting secondary school and you know a little extra makes all the difference.

After a month I am still trying to find a balance. The work-life balance is working well. It's the rugby balance which seems more full on, more than in previous seasons. As well as weekly training sessions, we have morning games, afternoon games and it seems like an awful lot of tournaments.

This weekend for example... Saturday we left home at 8.30 am in the most horrendous weather conditions. No. 2 son played four games. We arrived home at 3pm. Thoroughly cold and wet through....and that was just me.

Sunday, we leave home around 9.20am for training10-12pm for No3 son with No1 son playing in the afternoon. Arrive home 3pm.

A whole weekend gone - more or less!

The increase in my working days, coupled with full on rugby weekends has left me with very little cutting and sticking time...sob. This isn't a moan. It just a way of me saying how our family life is changing slightly as the boys grow. It doesn't seem that long ago they were bathed and put to bed with a story at 7pm...leaving me to craft for a few hours. Especially when the hubster was on a late shift. These days we all sit together of an evening, it's not going to be long before they are off doing their own things so I mean to make the most of being with them...even if it means cutting and sticking will be a little limited.

Although I've been relaxing in the evenings...I've not been sitting idol... as soon as I can i'll share some pics with you.

I am hoping you are all good and I will get around to catch up with you all very very soon.

Leaving you with a photo from the RWC Fiji vs Uruguay game. Settled in our seats before the stadium filled up. 

11 comments:

  1. Good to see you Louise. I was only thinking last week that you'd not popped up in my Reader for a while. Having children who play sports does take over the weekends. My two are as uncoordinated as I am, so no worries there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great picture! It's so good to see you back. I know what you mean and I'm cheering you on in all the support you are showing them and the hours you are putting in. It'ls worth it, when you are able to look back, this old timer says!

    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say that I am quite pleased mine never got into the rugby or football team 'thing'. We seem to manage clubs in the week but weekend activities so disrupt and tie you down.
    But as you say, it won't be for long that they want to spend time with you so try and enjoy getting soaked at the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to see you back Louise. You're quite right that time spent with the family is most important. They will all too soon be off doing their own thing. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like such a busy weekend! I can't wait to see what's been stopping your being idol :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope work is going well and it's no wonder you're a busy woman with your 3 young men! Just keep snapping those photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to see you back.
    There will be plenty of spare time in the future when the lads are older xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. They will appreciate all the time and effort you are putting in - I bet when they are parents, they will say things like 'I don't know how you did it, Mum!' Good to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are back. According to reports, that is our number one concern in 2015, how to balance our lives. With 3 boys you really have your work cut out for you ... it all goes SO fast, so I am hoping your enjoy your time with them now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds to me like you've got the balance right. Family first, hobbies down the list. You'll get back at some point to recording the memories, but for now, just enjoy making them x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I hear you on the settling everything into a pattern - glad you are still getting to do things as a family. "Things with feelings first" is our motto here and it is a good reminder that the cutting and sticking will wait (although making time on occasion is also necessary!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...