Monday, January 11, 2016

It started with a .....

.....what's app message.

 From my lovely friend.


I do like a challenge and while I've been cutting and sticking for many years I do like to try out other things. 

"No problem" I said...rummaging for some threads. I wasn't sold on the crocheted bracelets - the wool wasn't doing it for me. So I set about making several macrame versions using hemp, twine and cotton threads. (It's amazing what us scrapbookers have amongst our stash). 

Sitting watching telly with a little basket on my lap, making up friendship bracelets, who knew it wouldn't be long before I was hooked, and like any hobby it wasn't long before I was sporting a colourful stash.


From making the first few plain friendship bracelets, I moved onto beads. And stitching. 
You know your poor family suffer when your brother in law says 
"don't you go making me any of those" I'm sure they dread my new hobbies!

Have you tried macrame? 


14 comments:

  1. Lol you do make me laugh but they are amazing, very colourful, such a talented lady. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just stunning! Yes, cotton must feel nicer than wool. Such pretty detail ... Yu are very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh they're gorgeous Louise. Very girly and pretty. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. not tried yet so please don't tempt me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great, I've never done macrame but Paul has made me some beautiful belts xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made the ones from the Mollie Makes kit; and I even made a layout about doing it! But I haven't moved on from there. Your bracelets are absolutely beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think these are called friendship bracelets in our region. I like the ones you created with the gold or silver bobbles ...Happy Week to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh they're gorgeous ... You should open a little Etsy shop. They'll fly off the shelves

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are gorgeous Louise. I love that rainbow stash of cotton threads. I tried macrame back in secondary school and made a hanging plant pot holder, from bright orange cord I seem to recall. I've made a few friendship bracelets with my girl, but nothing as lovely as your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, many years ago. DD does the embroidery floss bracelets with amazing complex patterns.

    These are gorgeous with the bead textures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are wonderful - that chevron one is downright swoonworthy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never tried to do this but love the ones that you have made.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...