Wednesday, April 06, 2016

Challenge #1 Shabby Chic Technique:

Good morning and welcome back.

The first Counterfeit Kit Challenge is to incorporate a  Shabby Chic Technique into a project. 

This challenge brought back memories of my early days of scrapbooking were I used a craft knife to distress the edges of paper pieces. I always wanted one of those distress wheels you ran along the edges.

Using the kit, the two techniques I choose to include are distressing and layering. 


My first background paper choice was the sheets of element paper.


Layering up many patterns, all edges were distressed....


...and held together with a staple. 


I love how it turned out. 

What shabby chic technique springs to mind for you? 

and which one will you choose to use on your next project?

He said "It's not everyday a bird whispers in my ear"

12 comments:

  1. Hi Louise, A great technique and I love the photo! Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful! That background paper is a great starting point - it already gives a layered look and depth to the page. I like the distressed edges too. There's something oddly satisfying about roughing up the papers isn't there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty layout, Louise! Love the distressing you did to your papers and the stapled embellishments beneath your photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks lovely! I used to do that a lot too, with the edge of an open pair of scissors: maybe I should give it a try again

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout :) Love the distressing. I bought one of those wheels and think I used it twice! Liked using my scissors more hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a gorgeous layout with a great photo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this, but then I love this style and your style too. It's funny as only the other day I sent a text to Jo, laughing that I was distressing on a layout and there was mess everywhere lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that stack of layers is just sumptuous; what a fabulous page.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've got some really fab close up shots. Loved the vintage vibe background paper you chose, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layout--love the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What pretty papers and combinations with that unusual photo. I remember distressing the edges of paper with the sharp edge of my scissors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah - I remember using one of those wheels and deciding ripping and using scissors was o.k. instead. I like the layers and colours here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...