Saturday, April 16, 2016

Challenge #3

I'm back today with challenge three, to incorporate a little bit of everyday life into a project.

As No1 son opened a kitchen draw to grab a straw, there it was. My bit of everyday life. Since he had his braces fitted nearly two years ago, he drinks most of his drinks through a straw. 

The green straws were a perfect colour match for the layout I was planning. 

My little Scrum Half 

When I first put my counterfeit kit together I was concerned with how i'd use it. Most of my layouts are boy oriented and with a pile of rugby photo's to scrap I wanted to ensure I would try and adapt the kit to include at least one rugby layout.

Keeping it simple with only two patterned papers I used paste and a Tim Holtz stencil for added texture. 
  
It was the 3rd January 2016.  It rained non stop. It was bitterly cold. They were the only club squad to play a game. They put their heart and sole into it and he enjoyed every minute. They won :) and guess who got to take the squad kit home to wash! 

Thank you so much to the counterfeit team for having me and for getting me back into creating. I've enjoyed it all - even after my initial kit shock :) 

It's a super way to use up stash that you may not usually pick out when putting a project together. I 'm very happy I have three more stories recorded and I'm sure I will be forging kits in the future x 

15 comments:

  1. You have been such a treat this month, & this page is no exception! Really love the texture paste on black. Delighted that your scrapping has been rejuvenated - the tricky kits often Kindle creativity like no other! Will be watching for you on the Link :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant layout, and great idea using the straws!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is wonderful. It's not just that you have a lovely page to keep, but also that you will now always remember the phase of the straws.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy 'little things/everyday' scrapbook pages and your green straws are a great feature. I like your artistic paste effect too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to see you doing what is really your passion Louise. Your layout is stunning. I love your colour combo and the texture paste looks great. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute layout!! Great photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun idea to add those straws! They're a great reminder of this particular phase. I also like that texture paste - you've done some great pages this month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea to use straws on such a lovely page xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I can imagine the kit.... what a great idea to nab a straw to add. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your grange style of art and the way to combine the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I like this, especially the way part of the title is tucked in there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a brilliant guest designer you've been - I do hope you revisit us at te CKCB in the months to come!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just been catching up...congrats on the Guest Designer spot and well done on producing such a great kit and layouts! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Louise, Congratulations on you Guest Design position. Your page looks lovely and very stylish. Glad everyone had fun but what I want to know is did you have to IRON the kit as well as wash it ugh!!! Barbxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...