Friday, April 01, 2016

Counterfeit Kitting

Hello... and good morning.

Recently I was invited to be a guest designer at Counterfeit Kit Challenge - an excellent opportunity  for me to get back into the swing of scrapping and sharing. A little nervous I awaited details of the kit we would be forging.

...and here it is Cest Magnifique Kits . A very traditional kit.


If blogger allowed us to have emojis, right now you would see lots of shock, horror faces. 

Feminine, florals, fancy frames, flowers, lace.... eck!


Ahhh  but ...you know us scrapbookers we can't be beaten so I started to pull a kit together that would work for me - keeping in mind the elements shown in the above photos.


I started out by selecting my papers. The main thing that stuck me about this kit is the element of Black in it, hence the first paper I chose was:
  • Black polka dots (no pink polka's anywhere in my stash). Followed by, 
  • A bold floral paper (The only bold floral paper I have). 
  • A sheet of patterned elements paper 
  • A sheet of antique style paper (peaking out of bottom left hand corner)
  • 2x bold patterned paper. Red and Pink
  • and some small 6x6 papers. 
I added three sheets of 12x12 plain Bazzill. 
  • Black
  • Dark Grey and 
  • Yellow. 
Next up, I looked all through my stash to find some,
  • Fabric frames
  • Dollies, Twine and washi tape
  • Flowers (using these would be a challenge in itself!) 

To make this kit work I knew I needed to add some things that I could use with boy photos. So if you haven't noticed I included some rugby flair, Tim Holtz Stencil, Mist and Texture Paste. 

Finally, I would't get very far without a selection of Alpha. 


The one thing that kept popping into my mind throughout this was to keep it simple.

For me, a traditional kit is very overwhelming so I needed to create a kit, inspired by C'est Magnifique, that I knew I would want to use.

And after my initial shock, I have a kit I can't wait to use it. 

Thank you Counterfeit Kit Team.

Before I go you'll want to check out all the team members who will have fantastic kits to share.


See you soon x


20 comments:

  1. Look forward to see what you create from this, interesting to see how you went about selecting items to go with the kit. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Louise, Congratulations on your Guest Design Team spot. That looks a really lovely kit.

    Hope you're all well and enjoying life. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your colour choices.The window frames and gorgeous prima flowers are my favourites! Welcome to CKC and I'm looking forward to seeing what you produce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's great! I love where you took your kit from the inspiration of the Ces't Magnifique kit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great kit!! Good job making it work in your favor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe! I love how you got the rugby flair in there. You're so right about that dash of black..a great tool for cutting through a very classic look. Have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've definitely found the secret - making a kit that works for you. The red elements, along with the grungy stencil, washi and flair definitely put a more masculine spin on the inspiration. You've put together a really lovely kit - thanks for joining us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, and I'll be watching to see how you use those zipper-edge flowers, as I have some and I am clueless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job making the kit work for you! I can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So nice to have you with the Team this month! CKC is all about creating the perfect kit for your own use & yet perhaps completely out of your normal wheelhouse. Sounds like we definitely challenged you! But your customized tradition-turned-on-its-head version with that yummy fuschia color really sings! Enjoy the ride this month :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you've assembled a great kit to work with, Louise! Can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your kit! I'm excited to see what you create with it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that you found that it wasn't a kit that was "you" and that you made it your own because I felt the SAME WAY when I looked at that kit. I can use those items from the original kit to make one or two LO's but not a whole month's worth. That won't work. SO...I love your take on the kit and the fact that you made it your very own.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very Nicky done. I too am looking forward to seeing what pages you produce x

    ReplyDelete
  15. That kit looks great and I can't wait to see the layouts you create from it, every month I say I'm going to join in and every month I fail, maybe this month though :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. not my sort of kit at all but love how you have pulled a kit together I could work with. Look forward to seeing what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful kit!! I love those black and white flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So, so happy that you're joining us as this month's Guest Designer - especially with such a fabulous kit! You've taken all the elements of a traditional kit - and brought it bang up to date! Love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Brilliant take on the original - I too had that sinking feeling. Welcome to the team - you'll be a great asset this month xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well how did I miss this! Congratulations on being guest designer, they couldn't have picked better, and that kit you've put together is proof x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...