Monday, May 23, 2016

My "Go To Guy"

Good morning. I hope the sun is shining for you all.

Already I'm at work, it's an early start and a late finish for me today. Luckily my 'go to guy" is at home today so he'll be cooking dinner. At least that's something I don't have to worry about.

There's a story behind my husband renaming himself as "the go to guy". It has something to do with him constantly being asked to fix things or sort things out. For instance my friend pulls up outside the house and she asks him if he can straighten her number plate. My brother in laws calls to ask if he'll pop in to adjust his new toilet seat. My friends son calls around for him to polish out a scratch on his xbox disk. Then my dad gives him his broken petrol lawnmower, he get's it running like new, even offers it back, by which time my dad has already purchased a new one. Bonus, we get to keep the lawnmower.

I've lost count of the number of bike punchers he's fixed, and scooters he's tightened - not just for our boys but their friends too. Then there's the phone and iPads screen he's fixed, for others - not ours, ours are all still in tact. I can see why he felt the need to refer to himself as "the go to guy".

What about you - do you have a "go to guy" ?



Here we all are with our "go to guy"

Even though I'm not feeling the need to scrap at the mo, there are some stories i'd still like to record.

Thank you for your lovely comments on my new venture. Have a good week and i'll see you soon.

10 comments:

  1. Aw lovely story. :) I have a couple of 'go to' guys. If its technology, its my hubby, DIY its my Dad, anything to do with the car its my neighbour :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Louise, You're "go to guy" sounds like a useful one. I have a "go to guy" called Bruce and he's great with all the techie stuff but the practical stuff - well he has to be in the mood! Yours sounds much more useful. I'll hang onto mine though. Over forty years and he makes me laugh every day. Enjoy the rest of your week. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I do actually! He sorted a couple of things out here at the weekend. I do love a man who can fix things :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. our neighbour is like that and to keep the peace I should say my husband is too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have a 'go to guy' now, that was the role my late partner laid claim to, although he wasn't too good on the cooking front. Are any of your sons following in your husband's footsteps?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm the go to girl here and if I have to ask for help then the person I'm asking knows that it's a tough job that I've tried really hard to do myself :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unfortunately my 'go to guy' returned to England last year, and believe me I really miss him...I haven't found a new one yet and all those 'little' jobs are just piling up! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely thoughts about your guy, Louise!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucky for me I too have one like him too

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely shot of the family. Yep, Wookie is the go to guy around here, Princess is quickly becoming adept at a large number of the jobs too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...